Home| Contact Us  

0800 725 463

part of menu

Plain English
Navigation Bar Image
external link iconMinistry of Health
external link iconNZ Government
 horizontal line



Navigating Services for Older Adults

Finding out where to go for support, or what services are available for an older adult can be confusing. District Health Boards (DHB) can provide information and support for long term services such as; household assistance, meals on wheels, respite care, day care and rest homes. Financial support can be accessed through Work and Income (WINZ) to cover services such as gardening, transport and  medications. In addition there are many non-government agencies such as Alzheimer's NZ and Age Concern who can provide social support, information services and advocacy. If you cannot find the information that you are looking for on this site please contact Seniorline on 0800 725 463 - if we do not know the answer we will put you in touch with someone who does!








Find local services

Frequently asked questions

Plain english definitions of terms used


Click to return to the homepage