Home| Contact Us  

0800 725 463

part of menu

Carer Support
Navigation Bar Image
external link iconMinistry of Health
external link iconNZ Government
 horizontal line
  Published: 03/10/2016



Support for Carers

A carer is a person who looks after someone with a disability at home on a full time basis.
Do you do this? Do you need time-out? You may be eligible for Carer support subsidy. This gives you a break by helping to pay for someone else to look after the person you usually care for.  
Carer Support Subsidy
Flexible relief care funding for caregivers
Other Relief Care Options
Relief care works differently in each region, it can include funding for day care programmes, in home relief care and short term rest home stays. Check with Needs Assessment and Service Coordination to see if you qualify.
Carers New Zealand
Advocacy, information and support for family caregivers
Alzheimers New Zealand
Support for spouses, partners, families and friends coping with the demands of caring for someone with dementia

Supported Living Payment
To qualify for the Supported Living Payment you need to be caring full-time for someone at home who isn't your husband, wife or partner. The person you’re caring for must otherwise require hospital or residential-level care. If you are a full-time carer and you have a partner, their income is taken into account. Contact your local Work and Income office.

Click to return to the homepage