Charge Nurse - Newborn
To ensure the best
outcome for babies in the Newborn Service.
- The insertion and use of all lines
- Standard fluid regimes and practices
- Standard infusion lines
- Drug administration
- Monitoring procedures
- Blood sampling, including blood gases
- Possible complications of fluid/line
Applies to all nurses
working in Newborn Services.
If you cannot see an index above, please
press the "Refresh" button of your browser.
NW Nursing & Midwifery Practice Manual
- Skin Care of the VLBW Infant
- Baby Safety RBP
- Skinner J, Milligan C, Hunter S, Hey E
(1992). Central venous pressure in the ventilated neonate. Arch Dis Child. Vol 67, Pages 374-377.
- Chair H, Kuhn M, Baum V (1994). Inferior
vena caval pressure reliability predicts right atrial pressure in
paediatric surgical patients. Critical Care Medicine. Vol 22, No 2,